VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference - Register Now VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference - Register Now

VPN Connection failed with error 800

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 VPN Connection failed with error 800

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    healer

I have a Windows 2003 server DC and several other workgroup computers on the same local physical network connected to a router and then to an ISP with a dynamic address. I am trying to connect to the server via VPN and RDP. For testing I am connecting from within the same physical network using a free domain name for dynamic ISP IP address. I get the above error. I try the ISP IP address at the time and I get the same error.

Do I need to forward some port in the router in order to get to the server? If I do, what port number I need to forward and what else I need to change on the server? At present I have the specific RDP port forwarded to the server.

The client computer does not belong to the domain while the user name trying to connect does.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Online Conference - May 25th and 26th

VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference

Join us to gain your professional edge with technical and visionary learning from the brightest minds in IT at the definitive conference for Modern Data Protection.

Register Now

Sponsored By