Upgrading 64 bit Windows Server 2008 to a DC

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 Upgrading 64 bit Windows Server 2008 to a DC

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    dbguru

I have a home grown server that was running Windows server 2003 as a DC with no problem. I have attempted to upgrade it to 64bit 2008. The initial installation proceeds without a problem and I am able to register the product and install all the updates properly. I have been unable to upgrade it to a domain controller. Both attempts have resulted in a corrupted install and I have to start all over again.
    I run DCPromo and it runs correctly, reporting no errors. When the server reboots, it never comes back up. Taking a very long time to load (2-3 hours) and eventually opening the recovery screen not the login. The recovery does not work and I have to reinstall the operating system.
    The server is uses an ASUS M4N78 Pro mother board with an AMD 4 core processor, 4 gig of ram and 1.2 tetrabyte of storage on 2 disks. All the drivers were updated prior to installation
    I want to run HyperV and I need to upgrade to 64bit but I don’t want to have to buy a new machine to do it. Any help is appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.