Trouble authenticating after username rename

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory Trouble authenticating after username rename

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    drewXJ

Hello all,

I’m running into trouble with accounts not authenticating correctly after being renamed. The strange thing is they work fine for computer authentication and connecting to network shares but not with web applications that connect using active directory authentication such as reporting services. This is in a 2003 active directory environment.

The accounts work fine before they’re renamed but as soon as they are renamed they’re unable to connect to the websites. I have verified the user name has been changed in both the logon name, pre-windows2000 logon name, full, last, and display names. I’ve also created test accounts and renamed them and receive the same results.

When looking at the event logs I see Event 672 errors and the strange thing is it shows the old user name not the newly renamed name.

ticket options: 0x40810010
    Result code: 0x6

Just for kicks I typed the password in incorrectly purposely and the event 675 errors shows the new user name correctly in the logs.

I am able to duplicate this with new accounts and renaming them and haven’t been able to find a solution in my searches. No luck with changing the password or adding and removing the users from the applications.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.