Site to Site help…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • djsky

Hi, please forgive my inexperience with servers, but what I know is all self taught as I’ve gone along, and admit that I perhaps am out of my depth somewhat, but could really do with some help from someone in order to set up my server(s).

I have a sbs 2011 server at our main office, which also runs exchange.

This works well, and all seems ok.

I also have a second site (Home1) where I have a server 2012 (not R2).

I somehow (years ago) managed to set up, using RRAS, a site-site vpn, and all worked well enough to even have DFSR set up so that a few directories would synchronise over the vpn.

My colleague then wanted to also have a similar set up at HIS home address (Home2) so I got a Server 2012 R2 and set it up in the office, replicated DFSR fully, and then started the challenge of the VPN Site to Site setup.

Now, I can’t for the life of me, work out what exactly I’ve messed up, but I couldn’t get the Home2 vpn link working, and in the process appear to have screwed up the Home1 site-site link… even though I’m convinced I never changed any settings on the office server or the HOME1 server.

So, what i’d like is some advice on perhaps a step by step method of how to get this all up and running from scratch if at all possible.

Or, am I asking too much here?

I can pay by paypal if that is more of an incentive to anyone?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Don't leave your business open to attack! Come learn how to protect your AD in this FREE masterclass!REGISTER NOW - Thursday, December 2, 2021 @ 1 pm ET

Active Directory (AD) is leveraged by over 90% of enterprises worldwide as the authentication and authorization hub of their IT infrastructure—but its inherent complexity leaves it prone to misconfigurations that can allow attackers to slip into your network and wreak havoc. 

Join this session with Microsoft MVP and MCT Sander Berkouwer, who will explore:

• Whether you should upgrade your domain controllers to Windows Server
    2019 and beyond
  • Achieving mission impossible: updating DCs within 48 hours
  • How to disable legacy protocols and outdated compatibility options in
    Active Directory

Sponsored by: