Site to Site help…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    djsky

Hi, please forgive my inexperience with servers, but what I know is all self taught as I’ve gone along, and admit that I perhaps am out of my depth somewhat, but could really do with some help from someone in order to set up my server(s).

I have a sbs 2011 server at our main office, which also runs exchange.

This works well, and all seems ok.

I also have a second site (Home1) where I have a server 2012 (not R2).

I somehow (years ago) managed to set up, using RRAS, a site-site vpn, and all worked well enough to even have DFSR set up so that a few directories would synchronise over the vpn.

My colleague then wanted to also have a similar set up at HIS home address (Home2) so I got a Server 2012 R2 and set it up in the office, replicated DFSR fully, and then started the challenge of the VPN Site to Site setup.

Now, I can’t for the life of me, work out what exactly I’ve messed up, but I couldn’t get the Home2 vpn link working, and in the process appear to have screwed up the Home1 site-site link… even though I’m convinced I never changed any settings on the office server or the HOME1 server.

So, what i’d like is some advice on perhaps a step by step method of how to get this all up and running from scratch if at all possible.

Or, am I asking too much here?

I can pay by paypal if that is more of an incentive to anyone?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.