Samsung Notebook – Disk replacement

Home Forums Other General Hardware Samsung Notebook – Disk replacement

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    sammy

Need to replace the HD on my daughter Notebook. It has no CD drive. I built a bootable USB for backup with backup programs.
    This is a Samsung Notebook Model NP530U3B
    HD: Hitachi HTS545050A7E380
    500GB S-ATAII Slim Hard Drive (5400RPM) with ExpressCache 16GB

I need to replace the HD since after every boot she is getting the following warning window:
    “Windows detected a hard disk problem
    Back up your files immediately to prevent information loss and
    ……”

The HD is divided into two discs:
    Disk 0 with the System partition (100MB), partitions C, D and E
    Disk 1: [Sandisk SSD 16 GB] with two unformatted partitions – Primary Partion (10.61GB) and Hibernation Partition (4.29).

I modified the booting priority on the Notebook BIOS to have all listed USB’s first, [USB HDD, USB FDD, USB CD, SATA CD) but when rebooting it was always the HD which was booting first and fast, and the Samsung Logo appearing immediately.

I installed Macrium free on the notebook and I am going to perform full backup from within Windows, (the only remaining option for the moment) but for a recovery to a new HD, if the installed one fails, I need assistance for what to modify in the BIOS to prevent this fast booting to the HD and proper booting from the USB.

I need also instructions how to partition the new HD in order to restore the backup image

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.