Problms with RPC over HTTP – so close yet so far …

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Problms with RPC over HTTP – so close yet so far …

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Pure.Krome

Hi folks.

_EXCELLENT TUTES_ Daniel Petri! :) i’ve been readin your latest RPC over HTTP/S tute vigoursly. On other sites it’s been similar but very brief -> you have complete descriptions and images to back it up with highlights — perfect!

now to the problem. I’ve followed your RPC HTTP/S tute i believe to the core.

as such, i kick in Outlook 2003 and i select the RPC mail profile. I then get a popup window that is asking for Username / password. I try any of them in the format DomainNameUserName and it disappears and repops back .. i try again .. and same thing. it goes on and on .. never accepting my creditials.

Tech Info.
    Domain: RebelAlliance.local
    Single server setup.
    Exchange 2003 Sp1 on a Windows 2003 sp1 box. IP: 192.168.0.11. Name: HanSolo (eg. internal fqdn == HanSolo.RebelAlliance.local) Has exchange 2003 sp1 and iis6 installed. all private websites are also on this machine.

Main server = Windows 2003 sp 1. IP: 192.168.0.10. Name: Leia (eg. internal fqdn Leia.RebelAlliance.local). Active directory, internal DNS, DHCP and RAAS (for vpn) are all installed. This was also the first server of the domain.

Router: port 80/443/25/110 are natted to hansolo (web/exchange machine).

i’m at a loss to figure out what is going on?!

also, when i log into OWA, i can log in as [email protected] or (prewindows 2000) RebelAllianceuser.name.

some things to note: i’ve _NOT_ installed a digital cert for rpc virtual directory. that’s the only thing i’ve not done in your tute. if i do, i’ll try a local CA method.

i’m at a loss :( Please help someone!

-PK-

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.