problem with remote desktop for administration

Home Forums Virtualization Terminal Services problem with remote desktop for administration

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • gogi100

i have the windows server 2003 SP1 domain and 45 workstation on the win xp sp2. until yesterday i could to connect on server from everyone workstation in domain. i start the remote desktop connection on workstation, when it’s open logon window on server i type username and pasword and i connected on server. today i found that i can do it and with local administrator account from workstation. i tried to prevent so that i have set gpo on domain whose is name the terminal service (computer configuration/windows settings/security settings/local policies/user right acces/ logon through terminal service and deny logon through terminal service). i have set in gpo in logon through terminal service: administrators and in ny logon through terminal service: first users then everyone. i refresh gpo with gpupdate /force. i restarted computer but i received a problem domain policy and domain controller policy are corrupted. i used tool dcgpofix /target:both and i recovered those policies. there is still a problem. when i try to connect over remote desktop over any workstation on server i receive message ‘Local policy does not permit you to log on interactively’ then i found on internet a guide that the gpo need set on domain controler policy http://ts.veranoest.net/ts_logon.asp. but again nothing. i tried delete both gpo on dmain and on domain controller. but nothing. i puted users, groups in remote desktop group but nothing. in the terminal service configuration, in connectio rdp-tcp/properties in security remote desktop group have the access. i don’t have what i do? how i can to restrict the access to the server only the Administrators group and no longer has access?
    thank’s

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: