Print spooler freezes and needs to be restarted after installing new printer.

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 Print spooler freezes and needs to be restarted after installing new printer.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    JDMils

I’m trying to setup an HP2600N printer on our Win2K3 R2 SP2 print server and all of a sudden, when we print to the printer, it seems to freeze the Print Spooler on the server. There are no errors in the Event Viewer and the only way you can tell there is a problem is when the HP2600 printers start building up jobs in there Q’s.

I have re-created the printer and created copies of it and all the 2600N printers will no longer print.

The only solution is to restart the Print Spooler service which causes the print jobs to finally be printed. The next time someone prints to the 2600N printers the jobs Q up again and I have to restart the print spooler. The other printers are printing OK!

I have a feeling it may be printer processor related but I am unsure as to how to fix this. The Print Processor is set to WinPrint RAW. The driver is the latest HP driver from their site.

I am able to manually cancel jobs in the frozen Qs. While the Q is frozen, I can log onto the printers internal admin page using MSIE and it prints OK.

Can anyone suggest something I can try to fix this? Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.