Newbie W2K3 Client Profile And Drive Mappng Help Request

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 Newbie W2K3 Client Profile And Drive Mappng Help Request

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Beamer

First and foremost, I am a newbie to Server 2003 and am simply trying to help out a small company that cannot afford to get professional help to do the job.

Having just installed Windows Server 2003 on a new hardware platform, I am having profile issues with the client XP based machines. Although I named the new server with the same name as the old server, when I connect any of the clients, a new profile is created on each client. This amongst many other things means that Outlook needs to be re-configured for each client.

Can anyone tell me how to connect the client machines so that the connection uses their old profile?

In addition the old server has several mapped network drives on the D: disk but I have been unable to find a way to map the folders. I have made them shares but I would like to make the new server setup identical. Can anyone advise how I can set up mapped network shares on the secondary drive?

I have tried the traditional method used on XP based systems but WS 2003 does not show folders on the secondary drive (D:).

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Chris

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.