Register for Semperis' Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Conference - June 30 - July 1 Register for Semperis' Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Conference - June 30 - July 1

Need to resolve external domain although zone is internal

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services DNS Need to resolve external domain although zone is internal

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • humantrafik

Hi there,

Not the best at DNS so please bear with me.

We have DNS on 2012 server with several zones. One of the zones we added: domain.co.uk is required to resolve several A records internally however, we have a sub domain: abc.domain.co.uk which is hosted by AWS. If our internal users try to access abc.domain.co.uk via a web browser it will result in ‘Page cannot be displayed’ which presumably because it tries to resolve through this zone. If I delete the zone it will work once I flush dns on my machine. So I guess what I am asking what is the method (if any) to force abc.domain.co.uk externally?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for the Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe Conference!

Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe 2021 - Virtual Conference

Mobile workforces, cloud applications, and digitalization are changing every aspect of the modern enterprise. And with radical transformation come new business risks. Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) is the premier educational forum for identity-centric practitioners. At the inaugural HIP Europe, join your local IAM experts and Microsoft MVPs to learn all the latest from the Hybrid Identity world.