My First Server…Some Advice Please

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 My First Server…Some Advice Please

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    John McClane

Hello, I just set up my server about a month ago. While I believe I know a lot about computers, I’m kind of lost in the way to administrator networks and a server. I first but Windows XP as my OS on this server, but then found I was limited with what I could do. Having just recently getting my hands on Windows Server 2003, I’ve realized that I really don’t know that much about computers.

I went to book stores to find a decent starter’s guide to W2K3, but found only dead ends. I then turned to the Internet and I searched for about two days and found this site. After reading some guides, I joined the forums.

I’ve just started my server and I know very little about this OS. I’ve had no past exprience with servers and my knowledge isn’t very board. I’ve taught myself the simple things, DHCP and DNS, but I’ve yet to even scratch the surface. With me being only 15, I doubt I’ll fully understand everything this OS is capable of for quite a while.

I have one question, do you have any advice to help me understand this OS a little bit better? Also, I need some tips on how to use VPN, setup up a domain for clients to sign into, and installing Managerd Software on network computers? Another thing, I’m having a tough time with this Active Directory, could someone please explain it in laymen’s terms? Thanks in advance.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.