Installation process for 2003 – simple file share DC AC DNS

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 Installation process for 2003 – simple file share DC AC DNS

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    crobertson

I searched first!

I did a server 2003 installation, and I’m afraid I missed something. I wanted to see if anyone had or knew of a good step by step instruction on installation with these options.

*Simple single domain (I’m actually adding a test domain so I can play with some settings without screwing up my main server)
    *File sharing
    *Domain control
    *DNS server
    *Roughtly 30 pcs with xp only

I was thrown by the installation question about per seat or per server. I used per seat @ 40 seats.

I understand I’m suppose to set up the DNS server BEFORE I setup the DC. Should I restart in between.

The result of my installation was; It worked quite well. I could remote in, Log in locally, but I couldn’t add any pc on the domain.

If someone has the installation down to a science and has a checklist, please send it to me. I know no one want to give away their job security, but it shure would help me out.

Thanks for everyone being there. I don’t know what we did before the internet and forums.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.