GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

IIS6 to IIS7 HTTP Redirection

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 IIS6 to IIS7 HTTP Redirection

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    shades

Hi,

I currently setup a test site on IIS7 (Server 2008 R2) and our live site is on IIS6(Server 2003 STD). We are trying to migrate to the new server so I’ve redirected some of our virtual directories to the new server using HTTP Redirection on IIS6. I’ve allowed all IPs in IIS7.

It seems to work fine internally but not externally. The external users can’t connect to an internal IP address (obviously). The firewall is open on port 80 to the live site. The live site redirects to an internal IP address. Is there a way to accomplish this using HTTP Redirection or do I have to use URLrewrite? If so, how? Would it have to be on IIS7 or IIS6?

Update: I’ve installed ARR and URL Rewrite on the test site (IIS7). I’m willing to make this live and open port 80 on it. I can rewrite most of the virtual directories/applications to the old site using URL Rewrite and reverse proxy. Now I can’t find any sufficient HowTo’s for URLRewrite from server to server. How about shared hosting between IIS7and IIS6? Please help!

Update: I found this post http://forums.iis.net/p/1157619/1904213.aspx but I’m not sure if it will work on only individual Virtual Directories/Applications or it’s just for the main site. I’ll give it a try tomorrow.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.