Hyper-V host configuration Server 2012r2

Home Forums Virtualization Microsoft Hyper-V Technology Hyper-V host configuration Server 2012r2

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Jazit

Hi all,
    I am about to configure my first Hyper-V installation for a client & as I am ordering the hardware I want to be certain about the Host disk drive configuration.
    This will be a simple installation in that there will be no “Clusters” or SAN storage. I have gone with 4 x 3 TB SAS drives in a RAID-10 configuration using an Adaptec 7805 RAID controller. This will provide a 6TB partition. Is this configuration recommended over separate RAID arrays? ie RAID1 with 2 x SSD drives for the host OS & RAID-10 with the 4 x 3TB SAS drives for the guest VM’s?
    I cannot seem to find an article that stipulates the best disk configuration.
    It should be noted that eventually there will be 2 Hyper-V guests on this host & I would have thought that separate RAID arrays, for each guest would have been “over the top”
    Scott

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: