HSRP & EIGRP Delays

Home Forums Networking Cisco Routers & Switches How-to HSRP & EIGRP Delays

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • kris_amar

Hello Everyone,

Greetings for the day.

I attached the scenario for ref.

The Routers are c2911 and switches are Cisco SMB SG-300.

I configured 3 HSRP groups (1,2 & 3) in one segment and 2 HSRP groups (4,5 & 6) in other segment. Two for connecting WAN and one for LAN. Used EIGRP for Routing.

And connected switch ports on WAN are configured to (Switchport mode access & Spanning-tree portfast).

For testing I pinged from 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.2.10 continuously.

(1) Disconnected primary WAN link from switch, I takes almost 15 sec. (3 Request timed out) to switch-over to another network.

(2) Disconnected one interface on the active router then it takes 5 or 10 sec. (1 or 2 Request timed out) to get reply again. although I configured standby timers to HELLO 300ms and Hold 3 sec.

My client requirement is 0% loss on fail-over.

Please suggest me is it possible to have 0% loss (no time out). the attached scenario is just for your ref. but in actual scenario there are 1 more segment with similar hardware. 1 more HSRP group for WAN, 1 G703 with low bandwidth connection if all three HSRP goes down. And one more LAN Subnet on HSRP (every workstation has 2 Ethernet adapters) .

There are totally 2 LAN on HSRP, 3 WAN o HSRP & 1 Serial connections in each segment. Right now we are testing this complete scenario in a LAB.

Please tell me what can I do to minimize the delay.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: