help with testing on virtual host

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 help with testing on virtual host

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    carboncow

I’ve already got SBS 2008 running on our production server. I’m going to be trying out some new antivirus solutions and want to do a test install on a virtual system.

I’m doing most of my testing from my home mac (lion) so I’m using either Parallels (boo!), fusion (yea!) or virtualbox (yea because it’s free). This really covers all the major virtual hosts with the exception of microsofts solutions.

So when I get to the part about “connect to the internet” using the wizards it’s always going to tell me the there is a DHCP server running at x.x.x.x. Stop the external DHCP server and the click continue…” (see screenshot). So I cannot move forward with wizard based installs.

What host solution that I have available have you installed SBS 2008 (with wizards) and how do you kill the host DHCP (even temporarily) so I can get past this hurdle and have an install just like my current system.

thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.