Exchange 2010 Receive Connector timming out

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Exchange 2010 Receive Connector timming out

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mkolus

Hello,

I’m posting this because it’s already driving me mad! :-?

Recently i’ve installed an Exchange 2010 server with both mailbox+hub transport roles on an VMWare Hypervisor. This was installed in order to migrate from a physicall Exchange 2007.

Everything is working fine but for the relay connector i’ve created on 2010.

There’s a process on our SQL Server that uses Database Mail to deliver announcements to about 600 users (i know it’s not the way, but tell that to our developers :roll:). This was working on the Exchange 2007 relay connector, but wasnt on the 2010. On the SQL’s database mail side there are a lot of timeout errrors:

The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure.
    (Sending Mail using Account 2 (2011-10-27T09:47:52).
    Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server.
    (The operation has timed out.). )[/CODE]

Both servers are on the same lan segment.

[B]I was able to reproduce this situation by sending all 600 emails to my account[/B], and it went away when i configured the following properties on the connector:

[CODE]MaxInboundConnection : 5000
    MaxInboundConnectionPerSource : 5000
    MaxInboundConnectionPercentagePerSource : 50
    TarpitInterval : 00:00:00[/CODE]

[B]Then i was able to send all 600 emails to my account[/B]… i believed this was solved.

But no… Today i had the same situacion, there were a lot less errors though.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks![CODE]The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure.
    (Sending Mail using Account 2 (2011-10-27T09:47:52).
    Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server.
    (The operation has timed out.). )[/CODE]

Both servers are on the same lan segment.

I was able to reproduce this situation by sending all 600 emails to my account, and it went away when i configured the following properties on the connector:

MaxInboundConnection : 5000

[B]Then i was able to send all 600 emails to my account[/B]… i believed this was solved.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks![CODE]MaxInboundConnection : 5000

Then i was able to send all 600 emails to my account… i believed this was solved.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.