Exchange 2010 And Phone security

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Exchange 2010 And Phone security

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • hlobell

I have just rolled out Exchange 2010. We have several users that use smart phones that connect to the Companies Exchange server. I put a Sync policy in place the requires a password PIN for each phone to help keep the phones secure.

By doing this I have ran into a lot of friction from users not wanting this on their personal phones. I understand but this is Company data they have on their phones. Most of us understand how important is it these day’s to look cell phones down but the average user doesn’t..

I try to explain to people why things need to be secure but they don’t get it. Now the owner of the company wants me to show reason why these people should be inconvenienced. I explain things to my boss and then he goes to the owner, blah, blah, blah.

Anyone know of some good doc’s or white papers on why this needs to be done? Any type of Microsoft recommendation papers? I have been looking but not finding anything with real meat. I figure if I can give the company owner something good he will be inclined to do this
    Any help with this would be great.

H

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

13 Email Threat Types to Know About Right Now

As email threats evolve and multiply, keeping track of them all—and staying protected against the many different types—becomes a complex challenge. Today, that requires more than just the traditional email gateway solution that used to be good enough.

In this eBook you will learn:

• What are the most common and challenging email attacks for organizations?
  • How to defend against sophisticated email threats, such as spoofing, social engineering, and fraud
  • How to protect employees at the inbox level with the right technologies and security-awareness training
  • How to use a multilayered protection strategy to reduce susceptibility to email attacks and better defend your business and employees

Sponsored by: