I am now getting the error ” the following occured attempting to join the domain abc.local
An attempt to resolve the dns name of the controller in the domain being joined has failed……..
I have searched the internet but all of the solutions are what I already have in place.
* The DC is also the dns server and it points to itself for dns resolution.
* Clients get the dns ip from dhcp.
* nslookup on the client shows the ip address of the dns/dc as expected.
* the soa and name server have the dc/dns server listed.
* clients can ping the dc/dns server by hostname