Create RRAS/NPS IP blacklist

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 Create RRAS/NPS IP blacklist

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Blood

Hi

Checking through the logs of our RRAS I am seeing lots of failed connections from particular IP addresses attempting to connect via VPN.

I have a policy set up that only allows connections from user accounts that are members of a security group. I know this should be sufficient but I don’t want any of the bogus attempts to successfully access our network due to a lucky name/password combination.

I have had a quick look through the various options for setting up policies in NPS but cannot see one that allows straight-forward blocking of an IP, or blocking based on membership of a blacklist.

This is set up on a Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition member server.

Anyone have any suggestions, please?

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: