Create new user in AD, wrong outlook profile associated with new users

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 Create new user in AD, wrong outlook profile associated with new users

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    nside

Hello,
    Whenever I create a new user in Active Directory (Windows 2003) the wrong outlook profile is associated with the new user’s roaming profile. Here is what happens:

1) I create a new user in AD.
    2) I login as that user through Terminal Services, go to Control Panel > Mail > E-mail Accounts… > Next > the “Deliver new e-mail to the following location” dropdown displays “Mailbox – Wrong User” (Wrong User being the name of our old Admin) instead of “Mailbox – New User” (New User being the name of the new user I just created).
    3) I manually have to remove that Exchange account and add the correct Exchange account for that user.

A side effect of this is once I change it so that it’s using the correct Exchange account, the new user cannot open attachments in Outlook 2003. This is because a registry setting is created with the user’s account which tells outlook what temp directory to store the attachment so that it can be opened. HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice11.0OutlookSecurity is set to the old admin’s temporary directory so I have to manually change that registry key to use the new user’s temp directory.

Basically, the old Administrator’s user account settings are being used for new user’s settings and it’s a pain to have to manually make these changes every time I create a new user.

Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks for your help!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.