Copy files from old domain profile to new domain profile

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 Copy files from old domain profile to new domain profile

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    hetfield

Hi,

We currently have a few servers running a mixture of Server 2003 and Server 2008. All are on our current domain.

We are moving to a new domain in the near future, and all of these existing servers will be joined to the new domain.

Along with the move to a new domain, all of our users will undergo a username change. Our current format is first name followed by the first letter of their surname, for example for John Smith it would be johns. When we move to the new domain, the new format will be the first letter of the first name, followed by the surname. e.g. jsmith.

What is the best way to copy all existing desktop shortcuts, favourites, documents and so on from the older folder to the new without impacting the users too much? We do not use roaming profiles, so all profile data is stored locally on the servers.

I’m not concerned with application settings such as Outlook etc as I am managing that via login scripts. I know this can be done manually but we have approximately 80 staff spread out across the servers so I’d like to automate as much as possible.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.