Clear Default Installation Path

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro Clear Default Installation Path

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    siringo

I’m trying to install some Windows components automatically by using sysocmgr.exe via a login script.

Everything works great except when the component comes to install, the installation folder still points at D:i386. This stops the install from happening.

I have changed the 3 locations in the registry at, (1 location here HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsNTCurrentVersion) and (2 locations here HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionSetup) to look at a network share for the required files, but the very first time this script runs, the installation location still reads D:i386.

I have verified the 3 registry locations above are set correctly with the network share location, rebooted and checked again, but the ‘Copy files from’ field still displays D:i386.

Anyone have any idea where this value may be kept?

If I select the correct location from the drop down list, the install will run every time without fail, it’s just the first time. It seems to be remembering and ignoring what’s in the registry.

TIA.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.