can’t login after AD install in server 2003

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 can’t login after AD install in server 2003

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ksherman

Hi,

I’m new here and will tell you right off that my technical knowledge is not that great. I have a machine with server 2003 installed that I was given for learning purposes. I am attempting to setup active directory and followed the steps on the petri website up to completing step 4. After running dcpromo everything seemed to be ok and I was prompted to restart. Upon restart I am not able to login. Under options/logon to, the only choice is the local computer name (which changed), the new domain doesn’t show up. My old username/pass doesn’t work and I can’t seem to logon as administrator with any password I know of. Just hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Kyle

-Sorry if this is a typical newb question. After looking around the forum I was able to login into safe mode/directory recovery. I did not create a administrator user acct. prior to restarting after running dcpromo. Is there a way I can just undo the active directory setup in safe mode and start over?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.