Autodiscover, Out of Office and Wildcard SSL

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Autodiscover, Out of Office and Wildcard SSL

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Background:

Our Exchange 2010 server uses a wildcard SSL certificate
    *.PublicDomain.com

The exchange server has CAS, Hub Transport and Mailbox roles.

The exchange server is installed on a resource domain
    mailserver.mail.local

The mailboxes are Linked Mailboxes, with LinkedMasterAccount set to their windows logon account within a trusted domain
    LogonDomainSome.Guy

Outlook clients have been manually configured, pointing to the mail server via internal FQDN:
    mailserver.mail.local

Issue:

When trying to get into Out of Office settings in Outlook, the following error is displayed:
    “Your Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable. Try again later”

Troubleshooting:

Everything seems to point to Autodiscover not being set up correctly and OOF relying on this service.

This sounded right, seeing as I hadn’t done any work on Autodiscover and all client workstations were configured manually.

Changes made:

I’ve now set up an A record on our public DNS to try and get Autodiscover and OOF working.

A record:
    autodiscover.publicdomain.com -> public IP address for Exchange server

I set up an A record on our internal DNS:
    autodiscover.publicdomain.com -> internal IP address for Exchange Server

Result:

Test exchange connectivity says Autodiscover is OK

Out of Office error remains unchanged.

All client PC’s are throwing an SSL security alert because mailserver.mail.local has a security certificate which does not match the name on certificate.
    (*.publicdomain.com)

I’m out of my depth on this and have a lot of people angry at me

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.