An ISCSI Connection Disk1 File System: Unknown (BitLocker Encrypted)

Home Forums Virtualization Other Virtualization Products and Issues An ISCSI Connection Disk1 File System: Unknown (BitLocker Encrypted)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Kobe 310

Not sure were to put this question, so i did a search for ISCSI and a question showed up in this section, so i figured i would post this here.

I’m using a windows 7 VM(VMWare), to run Veeam to back up my vm’s. i have been doing backups to 1 of my SAN’S(Equallogic PS4100) successfully for 3 years. Today i lost my SCSI connections. When i was able to get it connected again, it immediately said “You need to format the disk in drive F before you can use it. I found out that in Disk Management the drive says, 1024
    GB Unknown (Bitlocker Encrypted) Healthy Active Partition…………..However, if i use a different computer to connect to the same SAN Volume, i can connect and access the folder and files. i did notice that the computer that will connect, it’s C: says NTFS (Bitlocker Encrypted)

-i’m not positive if this timeline is accurate, but i remember being unable to connect the VM in question to the SAN, (SO I THINK,NOT FOR SURE) that i then tried (he computer that works), and when it did connect i new it wasn’t the SAN. so i went back trying to get the vm to connect i was eventually able to get the vm computer to work.

– by me accessing this volume with the computer that works(the one that has the C: says NTFS (Bitlocker Encrypted) , is it possible that it encrypted the SAN Volume, and that’s why this computer can access the volume with no problem. It has the key?

– I didn’t find out that the VM in question’s ISCSI volume saying 1024 GB Unknown (Bitlocker Encrypted) Healthy Active Partition until after i tried all of the mentioned fix attempts below.

I can’t find anything online that pertains to ISCSI drive and Bitlocker Encrpted so i was hoping someone could help me out.

This is what i’ve tried so far and failed.

– Removed portal ip address, refreshed favorites and targets to make sure connection was disconnected. Re-added the portal ip address and connected back.
    – Used disk management to take volume offline and then back online .
    – Logged into the SAN took the volume offline, removed portal ip address, refreshed favorites and targets from the computer. Put SAN volume back online, Re-added the portal ip address and connected back
    – Changed the drive letter
    – restarted VM.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: