An ISCSI Connection Disk1 File System: Unknown (BitLocker Encrypted)

Home Forums Virtualization Other Virtualization Products and Issues An ISCSI Connection Disk1 File System: Unknown (BitLocker Encrypted)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kobe 310

Not sure were to put this question, so i did a search for ISCSI and a question showed up in this section, so i figured i would post this here.

I’m using a windows 7 VM(VMWare), to run Veeam to back up my vm’s. i have been doing backups to 1 of my SAN’S(Equallogic PS4100) successfully for 3 years. Today i lost my SCSI connections. When i was able to get it connected again, it immediately said “You need to format the disk in drive F before you can use it. I found out that in Disk Management the drive says, 1024
    GB Unknown (Bitlocker Encrypted) Healthy Active Partition…………..However, if i use a different computer to connect to the same SAN Volume, i can connect and access the folder and files. i did notice that the computer that will connect, it’s C: says NTFS (Bitlocker Encrypted)

-i’m not positive if this timeline is accurate, but i remember being unable to connect the VM in question to the SAN, (SO I THINK,NOT FOR SURE) that i then tried (he computer that works), and when it did connect i new it wasn’t the SAN. so i went back trying to get the vm to connect i was eventually able to get the vm computer to work.

– by me accessing this volume with the computer that works(the one that has the C: says NTFS (Bitlocker Encrypted) , is it possible that it encrypted the SAN Volume, and that’s why this computer can access the volume with no problem. It has the key?

– I didn’t find out that the VM in question’s ISCSI volume saying 1024 GB Unknown (Bitlocker Encrypted) Healthy Active Partition until after i tried all of the mentioned fix attempts below.

I can’t find anything online that pertains to ISCSI drive and Bitlocker Encrpted so i was hoping someone could help me out.

This is what i’ve tried so far and failed.

– Removed portal ip address, refreshed favorites and targets to make sure connection was disconnected. Re-added the portal ip address and connected back.
    – Used disk management to take volume offline and then back online .
    – Logged into the SAN took the volume offline, removed portal ip address, refreshed favorites and targets from the computer. Put SAN volume back online, Re-added the portal ip address and connected back
    – Changed the drive letter
    – restarted VM.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.