3rd party application updates, SCCM, WSUS?

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services System Management 3rd party application updates, SCCM, WSUS?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Gruelius

Hi everyone,

This is my first IT job with 0 training so if theres a ovbious solution i will not have seen it haha

We have a network of 80 pc’s with 5 branches and we currently use WSUS

our wan links are slow and i would like to start maintaining 3rd party (adobe reader, shittyl little apps the office managers want people using et.c.) apps.

before i started here there was nothing, you would see XP SP2 machines with adobe reader 8 e.t.c. since implementing wsus it has gotten better but its still hard to manage software versions.

As we are still small i was thinking i could either do SCE, or do it via GPO if its not too tedious, or even just distribute cd’s every 1/4 with a batch script and the latest version of applications.

Should the software initially be deployed by GPO or is it fine to just do it using wsus, i figure i wont be able to remove it using GP but then again its just stuff like reader…

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Don't leave your business open to attack! Come learn how to protect your AD in this FREE masterclass!REGISTER NOW - Thursday, December 2, 2021 @ 1 pm ET

Active Directory (AD) is leveraged by over 90% of enterprises worldwide as the authentication and authorization hub of their IT infrastructure—but its inherent complexity leaves it prone to misconfigurations that can allow attackers to slip into your network and wreak havoc. 

Join this session with Microsoft MVP and MCT Sander Berkouwer, who will explore:

• Whether you should upgrade your domain controllers to Windows Server
    2019 and beyond
  • Achieving mission impossible: updating DCs within 48 hours
  • How to disable legacy protocols and outdated compatibility options in
    Active Directory

Sponsored by: