2nd server core install not talking with 1st

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 2nd server core install not talking with 1st

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    swfblade

I setup a server 2k8 r2 core install to run hyper-v on 1st server, to migrate an old domain over to new virtualised domain. All gone well.

Am now setting up 2nd install to also run hyper-v, share load and offer redundancy. However, 2nd server cannot seem to talk to first. It can ping/tracert all other items on subnet, but cannot ping/tracert the 1st server or any servers hosted on that server.

DNS is setup correctly, all names resolve. Have tried as static and DHCP ip. Firewall is disabled on 2nd server. Can ping/tracert everything (websites, other machines on same/different subnets) but refuses to communicate with 1st server core. All other machines can communicate with 1st server. pinging 2nd server from other machine can sometimes produce timeouts.

Any ideas? Have tried various DNS/IP settings, flushed DNS, switched firewall on and off, allowing the various things to be allowed thru the firewall. I’m sure I’m missing something really obvious, but not sure what. :-(

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.