Install Exchange 2010 manually after failed migration

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 Install Exchange 2010 manually after failed migration

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Svenster

Hi Everyone,

I’m struggling with a SBS2003 to SBS2011 migration for some time now. The migration seem to work fine, except for the installation of Exchange 2010. Everything is migrated to the new SBS, like FSMO roles, DNS, DHCP, Active directory etc.

The Microsoft Support team could not solve this problem for me. Now I virtualized the SBS2003, as I didn’t know that the MS does not support Exchange 2003 in a virtual state. Seems that i’m on my own now. I gave up the hope on fixing the migration process, so I figured I have two options left.

Option 1:

Manually resume the migration by installing Exchange 2010 manually and then transfer mailboxes and everything that’s left. The problem I run into here is that I get an error during installation. (see attached screenshot)

I found some info on the internet. Some website had a possible solution for this error, but that didn’t work for me.

Is there a way to fix this error and succesfully perform the Exchange installation?

Option 2:

Perform a fresh install of SBS2011 with a new domain. Recreate users and mailbox manually and tranfer everything else by hand. We have 50 users, so this could be done in a weekend I guess. Only thing I run into here, is that I have a WSS3.0 server running. I was told that it’s not easy to remove this server from the old domain and place it in a new one.

What’s really the best way to place the WSS server into a new domain? Or is this not an option?

Any information is welcome!

foutmeldingexch2010setu.png

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.