Specops Releases Gpupdate 2.0 and Remote Admin CTP Products
Specops has recently announced a new product called Remote Admin CTP, and have also updated their Gpupdate product to Version 2.0. They are currently seeking beta testers for both products.
New in Specops Gpupdate 2.0
- Improved WoL functionality including custom Mac/IP address lookup and support for no-DHCP environments.
- Immediate WSUS client update
- New powerful customizable User Interface
- View PowerShell code for all chosen commands
Supported Operating systems
- Support for Win Server 2008 Standard & Enterprise in both x32 and x64 iterations.
Specops Remote Admin
All functionality and features of Specops Gpupdate 2.0 plus…
- Remote Assistance
- Remote Desktop
- Remote Event Viewer
- Run executable remotely
- View remote computer in explorer
- Remote registry reading
Full PowerShell support
- View and run chosen commands as PowerShell code.
- Full support for scheduling all commands using Windows Task Scheduler
We talked about Specops products before, in the article “How do I run Powershell and VBScripts on Windows PCs using AD and Group Policy?“. You can read more and download the software from the Specops website.
Recent Active Directory Forum threads
Got a question? Post it on our Active Directory Forums!
More in Active Directory
Microsoft Rolls Out Azure AD Verifiable Credentials Service to More Customers
May 11, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Active Directory vs. Azure AD (and Other Identity Providers)
May 9, 2022 | Michael Taschler
Apple Finally Discontinues Support for macOS Server App
Apr 25, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Microsoft Issues New Guidance on Securing Domain Controllers
Apr 15, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Best Practices for Installing Active Directory Domain Controllers in a Virtual Machine
Apr 15, 2022 | Michael Taschler
Microsoft Details Efforts to Fight Russian Cyber Attacks Targeting Ukraine
Apr 8, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Most popular on petri