This section holds a list of classroom related articles written or modified by me, with exception of a few articles grabbed from Microsoft or other resources. Some articles that are written in Hebrew have a note near them. If you have any interesting articles you want to share, please send me a copy and I will post them here if they’re as good as you say.
If you are (or were in the past) a student of mine and you need a specific article or tool we talked about in class and you cannot find it here – write to me and ask. I’ll see what I can do.
- How to Ask a Question?
- How to Ask a Question – Hebrew
- MIME Types
- Protocol Numbers
- Trojan Ports List
- Studying Tips
- Subnetting Tutorial – Hebrew
- Subnetting Table
- Subnetting Table – Hebrew
- OSI Model Concepts
- Well Known Port Numbers
- What’s a Port – Hebrew
- What’s CIDR?
- Final Project – Windows 2000 Core – Hebrew
- Final Project – Windows 2000 MCSE – Hebrew
- Final Project – Windows 2003 Core – Hebrew
- Final Project – Windows 2003 MCSE – ISA – Hebrew
- Final Project – Windows 2003 MCSE – Exchange – Hebrew
Available files, scripts and tools
These are mainly stuff I’ve talk about in one of my classes, or stuff I’ve promised my students. All tools are either freeware or stuff that was written by me. You can use them free of cost, but do NOT claim them to be your own creation and do NOT charge other people money for them.
- .NET Framework v2.0 – Includes everything you need to run applications developed using the .NET Framework (22.4mb).
- Adminpak.msi for W2K + script to install specific Adminpak snap-ins (14.5mb). Also see Extract Specific Tools from Adminpak.msi.
- Adminpak.msi for Windows Server 2003 + script to install specific Adminpak snap-ins (12.7mb). Also see Extract Specific Tools from Adminpak.msi.
- ADmodify v1.6 – Import, export, change user and group properties (1.1mb)
- ADmodify .NET v2.1 – An even newer and better version of the above tool. Requires .NET Framework (977kb).
- CoolInfo v0.82 – Nice tool to display system information on your desktop (280kb).
- Dice Packet Decoder – Nice tool to display Network Monitor captures (Current version is 2.9.8 – 1mb).
- Enable / Disable Administrative Shares – For Windows NT 4.0/2000/XP/2003 (1kb). See also Disable Administrative Shares.
- Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool (Version 2.6) – The Microsoft Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool is designed for administrators who want to determine the overall health of their Exchange servers and topology. The tool scans Exchange servers and identifies items that do not conform to Microsoft best practices (5.5mb).
- Exchange Server Auto Accept Agent – A store event sink that automatically processes meeting requests for resource mailboxes (357kb).
- LegacyDN – Tool for changing Exchange 2000/2003 Organization name (352kb).
- Lookout v1.2 – An addin to Outlook to quickly search all of your e-mail, contacts, calendar, and file system (860kb).
- Outlook Security Features Administrative Package – Used to customize the security features in Outlook to meet your organization’s needs (216kb).
- Original MAPI (Outlook) client software from Windows NT 4.0 – Good for connection and mailbox testing to Exchange 2000/2003 servers – without the need to install the full Outlook client on your Exchange server (60kb).
- Rich Profile v2.1 – Great tool for automating the creation of Outlook and Exchange profiles (42kb).
- Saved Query samples – Samples for how to search the AD with LDAP filters that are not accessible from the regular DSA.MSC GUI (8kb).
- Saved Query samples – XML format – Samples for how to search the AD with LDAP filters that are not accessible from the regular DSA.MSC GUI (17kb).
- Script to Shutdown / Reboot Exchange 2003 on a DC (2kb). See also Slow Shutdown of Exchange 2003 Server Installed on DC.
- Script to restore the M drive in Exchange 2003 (2kb)
- Sample .ZAP file to install WinZip 9.0 via GPO – Only good for software publishing, not good for software assigning (1kb)
- Virtual PC registry tweaks (1kb) – thanks to Amit Marlov
You need to extract the tool/script found in the downloaded files by using WinZip or PKware ZIP.
Other tools can be found in the Tools and Scripts section. Check them out, all of them are completely free.
Many classroom specific articles can be found in the Tips and Tricks section, such as Active Directory installation tips, DNS issues and more. Don’t miss that section!
Use the Search page to find what you’re looking for.
I don’t update this section as often as I should, but look at the last modified date on the top right corner to see if there were any changes made lately.
More in Windows Server
Microsoft to Fix Windows Bug Breaking Wi-Fi hotspots After Installing Latest Patch Tuesday Update
Jun 17, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Microsoft Confirms Windows Server Backup Issues in This Month's Patch Tuesday Updates
Jun 16, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Microsoft Acknowledges Office Zero-Day Flaw Affecting Windows Diagnostic Tool
May 31, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Microsoft Releases Out-Of-Band Patches to Fix Windows AD Authentication Issues
May 20, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
CISA Warns Windows Admins Against Applying May Patch Tuesday Updates on Domain Controllers
May 17, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Microsoft Confirms May 2022 Patch Tuesday Updates Cause AD Authentication Issues
May 12, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Most popular on petri