SharePoint Podcast Episode #318
This episode starts out on a high note with Todd sharing a blog post about Getting Unable to assign this license because it is invalid in Office 365 PowerShell with Set-MsolUserLicense when you know darn well it’s valid, but then I try to steal all of the glory saying it was my idea. Finger-pointing ensues, and threats of screenshots follow. The good news is that after the show, I was vindicated thanks to Skype’s history. After the children stop arguing, the show actually has some pretty useful news.
Todd and I discuss PowerShell, SharePoint Online boundaries, using WAN accelerators, and then about a million more Microsoft random notes, including events and Azure training. Quite frankly, if the podcast were sponsored by Microsoft, we knocked this show out of the park; if not, maybe next time we should look somewhere other than Microsoft.com for our news stories. We promise to try better next week. Also, we’ll try not to both wear matching blue shirts.
If you like what you hear, then you should add the SharePoint Podcast to your usual podcast rotation using the audio or video RSS feed. You can join the show live at 5PM EST every Monday. There is a Slack support group, even. Check out the podcast homepage for more info.
Links and topics from the show:
- Todd’s O365 Licensing Blog Post
- PowerShell 101 for SharePoint friends
- SharePoint Online software boundaries and limits!
- SharePoint Migration Assessment Tool Release Candidate
- Disaster Recovery best practices for SharePoint Server and Access Services
- WAN accelerators not supported with Office 365
- Lawyer talk on Azure VM uptime SLA
- Microsoft offering more free Azure training
- Skype’s real-time voice translation tool now works on calls to mobile phones and landlines
- TK Birthday Charity Drive
- Shane’s PowerShell Training Class
- Creating and edits lists and their items for SharePoint Online
More in Uncategorized
M365 Changelog: Plus addressing: New disable setting and on by default
Mar 16, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: Reminder: IE11 desktop application retires in 3 months on June 15, 2022 – Set up IE mode today (non-LTSC, non-Server)
Mar 15, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: Introducing monthly active users for the Microsoft 365 service change
Feb 24, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: Microsoft OneDrive & SharePoint Library dropdown menu
Feb 3, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: People centric search rollout update (SharePoint, Office.com)
Feb 1, 2022 | Petri Staff
Microsoft Teams Rolls Out CART Captioning Support For Meetings To GCC Customers
Dec 17, 2021 | Rabia Noureen
Most popular on petri