Make Windows XP Boot Faster
How can I make Windows XP boot faster?
You can make Windows XP boot faster by 5 – 15 seconds (on some machines).
Read the Best Personal and Business Tech without Ads
Staying updated on what is happening in the technology sector is important to your career and your personal life but ads can make reading news, distracting. With Thurrott Premium, you can enjoy the best coverage in tech without the annoying ads.
To do so do the following:
- Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
- Locate the following key in the registry:
- Make sure you backup the keys by exporting them to a .reg file.
- On the EnablePrefetcher value, change the setting from 3 to 5 (decimal).
- Close the registry editor.
- Restart your computer.
Note: Whatever you do DO NOT install a tool called BOOTVIS from Microsoft, unless you‘re absolutely sure of what you‘re doing and have good knowledge of the tool and it‘s use.