Enable Theme Support in Windows Server 2003
How can I enable theme support in Windows Server 2003?
Windows Server 2003 has the theme support services disabled by default.
To enable themes on Windows Server 2003 follow the next steps:
- Go to the Services applet in Administrative Tools (or click Start, then Run, and type "services.msc" (without quotes) and click OK).
- Find the "Themes" service, right-click and select Properties, select "Automatic" instead of "Disabled" in the startup type box.
- Click Apply.
- Right-click the Themes service and select Start.
- Click OK.
You can also modify start state and start it from a Command Prompt console by using the following command:
sc config Themes start= auto and sc start Themes or net start Themes
For now you only have Luna Blue, Silver and Olive Green to choose from.
- Go to Control Panel, select Display and then go to the Appearance tab.
- In the "Windows and Buttons" drop-down list select "Windows XP Style". Click Ok.
- Now you can choose the color scheme.
More in Windows Client OS
How to Easily Edit the Hosts File in Windows 11
Jan 12, 2023 | Russell Smith
Microsoft's January Patch Tuesday Updates Fix 98 Windows Vulnerabilities
Jan 11, 2023 | Laurent Giret
How to Use Windows File Recovery to Recover Lost Files
Dec 12, 2022 | Michael Reinders
How to Enable Windows 11 Config Lock on Secured-Core PCs
Dec 2, 2022 | Dean Ellerby
How to Install Google Drive for Desktop (Install & Set Up)
Nov 23, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
How to Use Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS) with Active Directory and Azure AD
Nov 14, 2022 | Michael Reinders
Most popular on petri