Enable Theme Support in Windows Server 2003
How can I enable theme support in Windows Server 2003?
Windows Server 2003 has the theme support services disabled by default.
To enable themes on Windows Server 2003 follow the next steps:
- Go to the Services applet in Administrative Tools (or click Start, then Run, and type "services.msc" (without quotes) and click OK).
- Find the "Themes" service, right-click and select Properties, select "Automatic" instead of "Disabled" in the startup type box.
- Click Apply.
- Right-click the Themes service and select Start.
- Click OK.
You can also modify start state and start it from a Command Prompt console by using the following command:
sc config Themes start= auto and sc start Themes or net start Themes
For now you only have Luna Blue, Silver and Olive Green to choose from.
- Go to Control Panel, select Display and then go to the Appearance tab.
- In the "Windows and Buttons" drop-down list select "Windows XP Style". Click Ok.
- Now you can choose the color scheme.
More in Windows Client OS
Microsoft's September 2022 Patch Tuesday Updates Fix 64 Windows Vulnerabilities
Sep 14, 2022 | Laurent Giret
Windows Autopatch Gets Application-Based Authentication Support and More
Sep 8, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
How to Configure Windows Autopatch: A Step-by-Step Guide
Aug 24, 2022 | Dean Ellerby
How to Recover Your PC Using System Restore on Windows 10
Aug 23, 2022 | Michael Reinders
August Patch Tuesday Updates Fix 121 Vulnerabilities and Improve Focus Assist
Aug 10, 2022 | Laurent Giret
How to Set Up Amazon FSx for Windows File Server
Aug 5, 2022 | Arian Modiramani
Most popular on petri