Enable Remote Desktop in XP/2003
How can I enable Remote Assistance in Windows XP and Windows Server 2003?
Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 install the Remote Assistance feature by default.
Note: A similar feature called “Terminal Services – Remote Administration” can be installed on Windows 2000. However the Windows 2000 version lacks many of the features found in Remote Desktop.
Read the Best Personal and Business Tech without Ads
Staying updated on what is happening in the technology sector is important to your career and your personal life but ads can make reading news, distracting. With Thurrott Premium, you can enjoy the best coverage in tech without the annoying ads.
To check your configuration:
- Go to Control Panel > System > Remote. You can also right-click My Computer (if the icon is shown on the desktop) and choose Properties.
Note: A faster way for opening up the System applet is to press the Windows logo key ÿ on your keyboard and then press Pause/Break at the same time.
- Check the Allow Users to Connect Remotely to this Computer box.
- Press the Select Remote Users button to configure who will be able to connect to the computer. The local administrator already has this power.
- Press Add and type the name or group.
- Press OK twice.
- If you made any changes, press the Apply button.
- Press OK.