Valimail has been tracking the usage of Domain-based Message Authentication, Receiving, and Conformance (DMARC) across tens of millions of domains since early 2017. During that time, we’ve seen consistent growth in DMARC usage and its overall effectiveness.
Now, for the first time, the number of domains with DMARC records exceeds one million.
Download this report to read Key Findings:
Read the Best Personal and Business Tech without Ads
Staying updated on what is happening in the technology sector is important to your career and your personal life but ads can make reading news, distracting. With Thurrott Premium, you can enjoy the best coverage in tech without the annoying ads.
- 1 million+ domains now use DMARC
- 13.9% overall enforcement effectiveness
- 30% enforcement rate among Fortune 500 DMARC records
- 79% of Fortune 500 domains can still be spoofed, because they either have no DMARC, or they are using DMARC in “monitor mode”
- 75% of U.S. federal domains are protected from spoofing by DMARC enforcement
- DMARC usage and enforcement are growing, and are increasingly
recommended or mandated by many organizations and governments