Microsofts SQL Server 2016 CTP 2.3 now available to download
Microsoft has announced today that SQL Server 2016 CTP 2.3 (Community Technical Preview) is now available for download. While Microsoft does call this build a preview, they did say that they have already deployed the build into production in the SQL Azure database.
The company says that this release is part of their new rapid preview model and that they made enhancements to several features which are listed below:
- Row Level Security support for in-memory OLTP tables
- A core engine scalability improvement, dynamically partitioning thread safe memory objects by NUMA or CPU, which enables higher scalability
- In-memory data warehouse (column tore) performance optimizations
- Many-to-many derived hierarchies in Master Data Services
- Several performance improvements to SQL Server Analysis Services, including DAX query performance
- Enhancements to Reporting Services, including an updated Report Builder with a modern theme and report rendering for modern browsers
In addition, this release also has improvements to SQL Server Integration Service, Query Execution, and DBCC CHECKDB.
SQL Server 2016 offers a rich set of improvements over prior versions including real-time operational analytics, improved visualizations on mobile devices, advanced analytics, and improved security technology.
The preview is available now and you can download it from the link below.
More in SQL Server
New Features in SQL Server 2022
Jul 22, 2022 | Michael Otey
How to Install SQL Server 2022
Jun 24, 2022 | Michael Reinders
Microsoft Introduces SQL Server Information Protection Sensitivity Labels
Apr 19, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Microsoft Gives Up on Running SQL Server in a Windows Container
Jul 5, 2021 | Brad Sams
New High Availability and Disaster Recovery Features in SQL Server 2019
Nov 20, 2019 | Michael Otey
Ensuring Disaster Recoverability for Your Legacy SQL Server 2008/R2
Jul 22, 2019 | Michael Otey
Most popular on petri