Configure a PPPoE Dialer in Windows XP
To configure a PPPoE dialer in Windows XP do the following:
- Open Network Connections from the control Panel and click Create a New Connection.
- In the Welcome to the new connection wizard click Next.
- In the Network Connection Type window select Connect to the Internet. Click Next.
- In the Getting ready windows select Set up Connection Manually. Click Next.
- In the Internet Connection windows select Connect using a Broadband… Click Next.
- In the Connection name windows enter the connection’s name. Click Next.
- In the Connection Availability window select Anyone’s Use (if you want to). Click Next.
- In the Internet Account Information window enter your ISP-given username and password.
Enable this connection to be the default connection, enable ICF and allow connecting without the need to prompt for a username and password – if you want. Click Next.
- In the final window select to create a desktop shortcut (if you want) and click Finish.
- A connect ISP PPPoE window will appear. Try to connect.
- Go back to the Network Connections window and see your new icon. You can change it’s properties by right-clicking on the icon.
More in Networking
How to Migrate an Azure ExpressRoute Connection￼
Nov 18, 2022 | Flo Fox
How to Enable AWS Direct Connect Redundancy Using Azure ExpressRoute
Oct 28, 2022 | Flo Fox
Choosing between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi
Oct 17, 2022 | Sukesh Mudrakola
Understanding Network Basics: What is TCP, Subnetting, and More
Sep 2, 2022 | Siji Roy
Static vs Dynamic IP Address - What's the Difference?
Mar 29, 2022 | Jason Wynn
What is DNS?
Mar 11, 2022 | Siji Roy
Most popular on petri