This utility builds up Active Directory users, OU’s and groups as well as private and public shared folders. The users are retrieved from the attached Excel file.
Requirements: Windows 2000/2003 domain.
First, install the tool by double-clicking on the Setup.exe file.
Next, open the attached users_list.xls file and paste the users’ first name, last name, description, department, duty, and phone number.
Then save the file using the Save command button.
Now, open the OrgBuilder utility, specify your domain name (Fully qualified domain name, for example mydomain.com), specify a root folder for public and private folder and hit GO.
- Edit the Excel file.
- Open the Users_List.xls file.
- Edit the file and type users’ details. Each user must have either a first or last name, a department and a duty.
- You can automatically generate the description in the form of <department duty>.
- When you’re done, Click on the ‘Save’ command button, located on the first line of the excel sheet.
- The file will be saved either as an XLS and CSV file. The CSV file is used for the building process.
- Create the organizational tree.
- Open the OrgBuilder.
- Type in your domain fully qualified domain name. Sample: mydomain.com
- Make sure the path for the CSV file (created using the Excel file) is correct.
- Type in the root folder for the public and private shared directories that will be created in UNC format. Sample: \fileserver\share
- Click on the preview buttons to preview the OU’s tree, groups’ tree and directories’ tree that will be created.
- Click GO.
No support of any sort will be given for this script/tool or for any other script/tool found on the Petri.co.il website for that matter. If you need to contact us with any support issues, feedback or suggestions regarding the tool(s) and script(s) found on this page please write an e-mail to THIS address.
The software available from GanoTools is FREEWARE. It is not in the Public Domain. Asaf Ganot retains the copyright for this work. You can use it freely but do not claim it for your own or charge others money for it.
Use these tools at your own risk. They are provided for your own personal use and enjoyment and Asaf Ganot nor Daniel Petri nor Petri.co.il do not provide any warranty for them, nor they will be held responsible for any result allegedly caused by use or misuse of any of the tools found on this page.
Back to the Tools and Scripts page.
More in Administrative Tools and Scripts
Delivering High Availability in the Hybrid Cloud
Mar 13, 2019 | Michael Otey
Introduction to the IT Roadmap Planning Tool for Microsoft 365
Feb 16, 2018 | Juan Carlos-Gonzalez Martin
Sponsored: Conquering Remote Desktop Challenges
Dec 21, 2017 | Michael Otey
Avoiding Accidental Changes with PowerShell's WhatIf and Confirm Parameters
Jun 12, 2017 | Missy Januszko
Migrate Content from Docs.com to OneDrive for Business
Jun 12, 2017 | Jussi Roine
Improving The User Provisioning Process
Nov 18, 2015 | Petri IT Knowledgebase
Most popular on petri