Install IIS on Windows XP
To install IIS 5.1 on Windows XP Pro follow these steps:
- On the Start menu, click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Click Internet Information Services (IIS) and then click Details.
- In Internet Information Services (IIS), select the check boxes for SMTP Service and World Wide Web Service, and then click OK.
- In Windows Component selection, ensure that the Internet Information Services (IIS) check box is selected, and then click OK to install the components that you selected.
More in Networking
Understanding Network Basics: What is TCP, Subnetting, and More
Sep 2, 2022 | Siji Roy
Static vs Dynamic IP Address - What's the Difference?
Mar 29, 2022 | Jason Wynn
What is DNS?
Mar 11, 2022 | Siji Roy
What is 5G and How is it Better Than 4G LTE?
Feb 24, 2022 | Jason Wynn
What is a DHCP Server?
Dec 7, 2021 | Jason Wynn
How to Access and Triage Network Connectivity in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center
May 19, 2021 | Michael Reinders
Most popular on petri