Idealstor Releases Enterprise Software Solution for VMware Virtual Server Backups
I’m sure you would agree that in our current economy, it’s important to continue to find ways to improve IT efficency and control costs. For organizations using VMware Virtual Servers, our Petri knowledgebase sponsor Idealstor has just released a new product that can help achieve these goals.
It is called iBac Virtual Infrastructure Proxy (iBac VIP), and it is an enterprise backup solution for VMware virtual servers. iBac VIP was written from the ground up with VMware backup in mind and is designed specifically for VMware virtual machines running in an ESX server environment.
- One license per ESX server – regardless of # of VMs or processors
- Ties into the VCB framework provided by VMware to offload backup process from the ESX server to a dedicated iBac VIP proxy server
- Eliminates the need to purchase expensive and resource consuming backup agents per each VM
- Offers an easy to use GUI with scheduling, logging, email reporting and provides a single interface to backup muliple ESX servers on a fiber or iSCSI SAN, LAN or at remote data centers
- When tied in with the Idealstor Backup Appliance, offers a complete hardware and software solution for VMware backup – Windows 2003 Server with removable drive bays designed to replace tape
for backup and disaster recovery
For more information, see the full press release or download a 30 day evaluation of iBac Virtual Infrastructure Proxy Software.
Got a question? Post it on our VMware Forums!