M365 Changelog: Use of Azure Active Directory Dynamic Groups now supported for SharePoint Online audience targeting
MC302460 – Microsoft now officially support the use of Azure Active Directory Dynamic Groups to be used as audiences within SharePoint Online’s audience targeting system. Previously, Microsoft supported Active Directory (AD) security groups and Microsoft 365 groups. Support of dynamic groups will expand capabilities of SharePoint’s audience targeting to deliver additional richness in the types of groups that can be used.
When this will happen:
Support for the use of Azure Active Directory dynamic groups is available now in your environment.
How this will affect your organization:
- If you would like to use Azure Active Directory dynamic groups, you can automatically start to add them from the audience picker in the areas where targeting is supported in SharePoint Online, including navigation and selected web parts.
- If you do not wish to use dynamic groups, the targeting system will continue to support other Active Directory groups such as security groups and Microsoft 365 groups.
What you need to do to prepare:
- Dynamic membership rules for groups in Azure Active Directory
- Rules for dynamically populated groups membership
- Target navigation, news, files, links, and web parts to specific audiences
- Target content to a specific audience on a SharePoint site
More in SharePoint
Microsoft Moves SharePoint Server Subscription Edition to Bi-Annual Release Schedule
Sep 19, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
ESPC22 Conference Discount for Petri Readers
Sep 6, 2022 | Russell Smith
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Connected Templates
Aug 17, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Microsoft Stream: Comment on a video or audio file in SharePoint and OneDrive
Jul 1, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) People centric search rollout update (SharePoint, Office.com)
Jun 28, 2022 | Petri Staff
Most popular on petri