Make Windows XP Boot Faster
- Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
- Locate the following key in the registry:
- Make sure you backup the keys by exporting them to a .reg file.
- On the EnablePrefetcher value, change the setting from 3 to 5 (decimal).
- Close the registry editor.
- Restart your computer.
Note: Whatever you do DO NOT install a tool called BOOTVIS from Microsoft, unless you‘re absolutely sure of what you‘re doing and have good knowledge of the tool and it‘s use.
More in Windows Client OS
How to Enable Windows 11 Config Lock on Secured-Core PCs
Dec 2, 2022 | Dean Ellerby
How to Install Google Drive for Desktop (Install & Set Up)
Nov 23, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
How to Use LAPS to Manage Local Admin Account Passwords in Active Directory and Azure AD
Nov 14, 2022 | Michael Reinders
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday Updates Fix 69 Windows Flaws
Nov 9, 2022 | Laurent Giret
What Are the Different Windows Logon Types?
Oct 31, 2022 | Michael Reinders
October 2022 Patch Tuesday Updates Fix 85 Windows Vulnerabilities
Oct 12, 2022 | Laurent Giret
Most popular on petri