Make Windows XP Boot Faster
- Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
- Locate the following key in the registry:
- Make sure you backup the keys by exporting them to a .reg file.
- On the EnablePrefetcher value, change the setting from 3 to 5 (decimal).
- Close the registry editor.
- Restart your computer.
Note: Whatever you do DO NOT install a tool called BOOTVIS from Microsoft, unless you‘re absolutely sure of what you‘re doing and have good knowledge of the tool and it‘s use.
More in Windows Client OS
Microsoft Releases May 2022 Patch Tuesday Updates
May 11, 2022 | Laurent Giret
Best Practices for Installing Active Directory Domain Controllers in a Virtual Machine
Apr 15, 2022 | Michael Taschler
A Complete Guide to Robocopy
Apr 7, 2022 | Michael Reinders
11 Ways to Take a Screenshot on Windows Devices
Mar 30, 2022 | Siji Roy
How to Install Hyper-V on Windows Server Core
Mar 16, 2022 | Michael Reinders
How to Download And Install Fonts in Windows 10
Feb 21, 2022 | Michael Reinders
Most popular on petri