M365 Changelog: Improved Teams Guest User Usability (previously posted as MC300029)
MC302456 – Updated April 29, 2022: To ensure the optimal experience Microsoft has postponed the rollout to GCC-High and DoD organizations. Microsoft will communicate via Message center when we are ready to proceed. Thank you for your patience.
Note: This is a re-post of MC300029 as it expired prematurely on the incorrect date and may not be visible to admins anymore.
Microsoft will be updating guest user functionality within the Microsoft Teams app.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 88430.
When this will happen:
Microsoft expects to begin rolling this out in early January (previously early December) and expects the rollout to be completed by late April (previously late January).
How this will affect your organization:
Microsoft is making the following changes to the Teams client UI and there is no effect on guest user permission and/or access to resource.
- A guest user can now decline a pending guest invitation within Teams app
- When the guest user clicks Decline, Teams Tenant List will not show the tenant with the pending invitation and in the Account Management tab
- A guest user can now initiate leaving an org (taking the user to the portal where the user can now leave a guest tenant)
- When the guest user clicks Leave Org, user will be guided on how to leave a tenant from Teams and Azure Portal
- A guest user can now manage guest tenant list by choosing to hide/show guest tenants
- When the guest user clicks Hide/Show, the tenant will be shown (or hidden) in the Menu under the tenant list.
What you need to do to prepare:
No additional actions are required in preparation of this update.
Note: There is no effect on guest user permission and/or access to resource.
More in Teams
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Expanded reactions in Microsoft Teams
Dec 1, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Export feature in Teams Admin Center
Sep 12, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Connected Templates
Aug 17, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) 1:1 VOIP and PSTN call recording and transcription in Calls App V2
Aug 16, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Microsoft Teams: Casting from Teams desktop client to Microsoft Teams Rooms
Jul 12, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Announcing graph support for Get Team Template List
Jun 23, 2022 | Petri Staff
Most popular on petri