Hide the Windows Messenger Icon in Windows XP
Can I hide the Windows Messenger icon in Windows XP?
Yes, and this is much better than to Uninstall Windows Messenger in Windows XP.
To turn hide Windows Messenger in Windows XP do the following:
- Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
Note: As always, before making changes to your registry you should always make sure you have a valid backup. In cases where you’re supposed to delete or modify keys or values from the registry it is possible to first export that key or value(s) to a .REG file before performing the changes.
- Locate the following key in the registry:
- On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value:
- Close the registry editor.
You might also want to read the following related articles:
- Configure Instant Messaging in Exchange 2000
- Configure Instant Messaging SRV Records
- Disable Windows Messenger in Windows XP
- Download MSN Messenger
- Download NetMeeting for Windows 9X/NT 4.0
- Download Windows Messenger
- Download Windows Live Messenger
- Find your Microsoft Passport Password
- Replace Windows/MSN Messenger
- Update Windows Messenger
- Uninstall Windows Messenger in Windows XP
More in Windows Client OS
Microsoft Releases May 2022 Patch Tuesday Updates
May 11, 2022 | Laurent Giret
Best Practices for Installing Active Directory Domain Controllers in a Virtual Machine
Apr 15, 2022 | Michael Taschler
A Complete Guide to Robocopy
Apr 7, 2022 | Michael Reinders
11 Ways to Take a Screenshot on Windows Devices
Mar 30, 2022 | Siji Roy
How to Install Hyper-V on Windows Server Core
Mar 16, 2022 | Michael Reinders
How to Download And Install Fonts in Windows 10
Feb 21, 2022 | Michael Reinders
Most popular on petri