Enable Theme Support in Windows Server 2003
How can I enable theme support in Windows Server 2003?
Windows Server 2003 has the theme support services disabled by default.
To enable themes on Windows Server 2003 follow the next steps:
Say Goodbye to Traditional PC Lifecycle Management
Traditional IT tools, including Microsoft SCCM, Ghost Solution Suite, and KACE, often require considerable custom configurations by T3 technicians (an expensive and often elusive IT resource) to enable management of a hybrid onsite + remote workforce. In many cases, even with the best resources, organizations are finding that these on-premise tools simply cannot support remote endpoints consistently and reliably due to infrastructure limitations.
- Go to the Services applet in Administrative Tools (or click Start, then Run, and type "services.msc" (without quotes) and click OK).
- Find the "Themes" service, right-click and select Properties, select "Automatic" instead of "Disabled" in the startup type box.
- Click Apply.
- Right-click the Themes service and select Start.
- Click OK.
You can also modify start state and start it from a Command Prompt console by using the following command:
sc config Themes start= auto and sc start Themes or net start Themes
For now you only have Luna Blue, Silver and Olive Green to choose from.
- Go to Control Panel, select Display and then go to the Appearance tab.
- In the "Windows and Buttons" drop-down list select "Windows XP Style". Click Ok.
- Now you can choose the color scheme.