Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 CTP and Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 2 RC 1 Now Available To Download
Microsoft has released a new build of Visual Studio 2015, this time it is Update 2 CTP. In this release, the company focused on stability and performance improvements from feedback received after the initial release of Visual Studio.
In this version, the company has also added a couple of new features for a variety of languages but two notable additions are posted below.
- Visual Studio is now compatible with Git repos configured to use Git LFS (Large File Storage). Learn more about Git LFS here: https://git-lfs.github.com/.
- Seeding the C# Interactive Window with a project context, and the addition of Send To Interactive commands.
In addition to the new features, the company has patched quite a few bugs from the prior release that are listed below.
Say Goodbye to Traditional PC Lifecycle Management
Traditional IT tools, including Microsoft SCCM, Ghost Solution Suite, and KACE, often require considerable custom configurations by T3 technicians (an expensive and often elusive IT resource) to enable management of a hybrid onsite + remote workforce. In many cases, even with the best resources, organizations are finding that these on-premise tools simply cannot support remote endpoints consistently and reliably due to infrastructure limitations.
- Crashes when editing C# or Visual Basic files while editing
- Crashes when updating error list entries for C# and Visual Basic projects while editing
- Out of memory exceptions when C# and Visual Basic projects are kept open for long sessions
- Delays when opening C++ projects
- Over 300 C++ compiler bugs (some address code-generation issues and required breaking changes; see Breaking Changes in Visual C++ 2015 Update 2)
- Errors when creating document-level projects for Office 2016 with the Office Developer Tools
- Hangs when trying to access local help
- Hangs in setup when using read-only or disconnected drives
- Failures with uninstallable packages and when selecting features
The company also announced that Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 2 RC 1 is also available for download. You can find both download links for Visual Studio2015 and Foundation server, below; the announcement post for the release of both of these applications can be viewed here.