Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 CTP and Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 2 RC 1 Now Available To Download
Microsoft has released a new build of Visual Studio 2015, this time it is Update 2 CTP. In this release, the company focused on stability and performance improvements from feedback received after the initial release of Visual Studio.
In this version, the company has also added a couple of new features for a variety of languages but two notable additions are posted below.
- Visual Studio is now compatible with Git repos configured to use Git LFS (Large File Storage). Learn more about Git LFS here: https://git-lfs.github.com/.
- Seeding the C# Interactive Window with a project context, and the addition of Send To Interactive commands.
In addition to the new features, the company has patched quite a few bugs from the prior release that are listed below.
- Crashes when editing C# or Visual Basic files while editing
- Crashes when updating error list entries for C# and Visual Basic projects while editing
- Out of memory exceptions when C# and Visual Basic projects are kept open for long sessions
- Delays when opening C++ projects
- Over 300 C++ compiler bugs (some address code-generation issues and required breaking changes; see Breaking Changes in Visual C++ 2015 Update 2)
- Errors when creating document-level projects for Office 2016 with the Office Developer Tools
- Hangs when trying to access local help
- Hangs in setup when using read-only or disconnected drives
- Failures with uninstallable packages and when selecting features
The company also announced that Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 2 RC 1 is also available for download. You can find both download links for Visual Studio2015 and Foundation server, below; the announcement post for the release of both of these applications can be viewed here.