Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 CTP and Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 2 RC 1 Now Available To Download
Microsoft has released a new build of Visual Studio 2015, this time it is Update 2 CTP. In this release, the company focused on stability and performance improvements from feedback received after the initial release of Visual Studio.
In this version, the company has also added a couple of new features for a variety of languages but two notable additions are posted below.
- Visual Studio is now compatible with Git repos configured to use Git LFS (Large File Storage). Learn more about Git LFS here: https://git-lfs.github.com/.
- Seeding the C# Interactive Window with a project context, and the addition of Send To Interactive commands.
In addition to the new features, the company has patched quite a few bugs from the prior release that are listed below.
Read the Best Personal and Business Tech without Ads
Staying updated on what is happening in the technology sector is important to your career and your personal life but ads can make reading news, distracting. With Thurrott Premium, you can enjoy the best coverage in tech without the annoying ads.
- Crashes when editing C# or Visual Basic files while editing
- Crashes when updating error list entries for C# and Visual Basic projects while editing
- Out of memory exceptions when C# and Visual Basic projects are kept open for long sessions
- Delays when opening C++ projects
- Over 300 C++ compiler bugs (some address code-generation issues and required breaking changes; see Breaking Changes in Visual C++ 2015 Update 2)
- Errors when creating document-level projects for Office 2016 with the Office Developer Tools
- Hangs when trying to access local help
- Hangs in setup when using read-only or disconnected drives
- Failures with uninstallable packages and when selecting features
The company also announced that Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 2 RC 1 is also available for download. You can find both download links for Visual Studio2015 and Foundation server, below; the announcement post for the release of both of these applications can be viewed here.