M365 Changelog: Office.com updates
MC295863 – Updated March 01, 2022: Microsoft has updated the rollout timeline below. Thanks for your patience.
Microsoft is updating the Office.com and Office app for Windows experiences. These updates make it even easier to find all the content associated with you, access your apps and templates in one place, take action quickly, and understand what work needs your attention.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 85662
When this will happen:
- Targeted release in November and expect to complete by mid-December.
- Standard customers beginning in early February (previously early January) and completing by late March (previously late February).
How this will affect your organization:
Users will have the updates and leverage the new capabilities mentioned below:
Home page updates include:
- Recommended actions to help you quickly take action – you can jump into your upcoming meeting, add a To-Do task or reply to recent comments in documents. Easily collaborate on content by Sharing via Teams or booking time to review content with co-workers. Quick access – a section to help you quickly get to the content you care about. You can view this as either a list or cards for a more visual layout. You can easily filter this content by recently opened content, content you shared with others and even your favorite content. But if you want an even more specific filter, you can add a custom content filter based on things like type of content and person who shared it – enabling you to easily get back to the content you are looking for.
View image in new tab
My Content updates include:
- Here you can view all your content and again view it by recently opened, shared, and favorites. Use the powerful filters to quickly find the right content. You can filter by type of document, activity and time. The activity filter even contains specific filters like document you are @mentioned in. Ability to browse by People and Meetings. When you click on People you can view an easy to digest card view of people and documents they have shared. When you click on Meetings, you can find all meeting content like recordings, meeting notes, and attached documents from your previous meetings. Ability to view content based on where it lives like OneDrive and SharePoint
- In addition to the Recommended Actions on the home page, you can also find content actions in line on any of the content lists within Office.com by clicking the triple dot menu. With this new release, Microsoft has added a few new actions, including Convert to PDF, Share to Teams, Add to Calendar, and Add to To Do.
Create updates include:
- Ability to create new content using dozens of tools across Microsoft 365, from surveys and brainstorming sessions to reporting dashboards, project plans and more! Start something new from your company’s branded content with easy access to your companies templates in one place Recommended templates across Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to help you get started creating impactful content
What you need to do to prepare:
You may consider updating your training and documentation as appropriate. You may refer to Get started at Office.com for more info on these changes.
More in Office
M365 Changelog: Visio Personal App in Teams
Jan 31, 2023 | Rabia Noureen
M365 Changelog: ContextIQ - Inline Search During Message Composing
Jan 24, 2023 | Rabia Noureen
M365 Changelog: Manage result layouts for SharePoint results in Microsoft Search
Dec 20, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
M365 Changelog: Loop components in Word for the web in Targeted release
Dec 3, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Stream on SharePoint: Inline playback of videos in Hero web part
Nov 23, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Office for the web rebrand on Service health and Message center
Nov 16, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Most popular on petri