M365 Changelog: New personal wellbeing insights coming to Insights app in Teams
MC243209 – New personal insights to help you balance productivity and well being are coming to the Insights app in Teams. Users will be able to tap into breathing breaks, send praise to collaborators, pause and reflect anytime during the workday, as well as mindfully close out the workday with a virtual commute.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 68748.
When this will happen
- Timeline: Available starting early April 2021 and completing rollout by end of June 2021
- Requirement: Users with provisioned Exchange mailbox can access features within Insights teams app
- As previously shared in the earlier post (MC237630), beginning March 8th 2021, unless disabled by admin, Insights Teams app will be pre-installed for users and available directly in the Teams left navigation app bar under “…”. These new personal insights will be available to any user with the app installed.
- Admin controls: via the Teams admin center
How this will affect your organization
The Insights app in Teams will introduce a new Home page that provides time-relevant suggestions and access to new wellbeing focused experiences, such as:
- Virtual commute: users can schedule a virtual commute to help them wrap up their tasks from today, prepare for tomorrow’s activities, and mindfully disconnect from work.
- Praise: users can schedule reminders to send praise to their top collaborators and build a habit of sharing gratitude.
- Reflect: users can schedule reminders to check in with themselves emotionally and save and reference their personal reflection history.
More updates are coming later this year, including guided meditations from Headspace that will be integrated into the virtual commute as well as the Home tab to help you mindfully disconnect from work in the evening, relax your mind before a big meeting, or find focus before starting an important project.
Note: These features in the Insights app are completely personal and private; no administrator or manager can see another individual’s data. All data is stored inside the user’s mailbox and the app is subject to the same GDPR compliance terms as Office 365. Learn more about Insights app in Teams and how Microsoft protects your privacy.
What you need to do to prepare
Review and assess the impact for your organization. If you wish to:
- Enable easier access to Insights for your users by pinning the app on the left navigation pane of Teams user interface for quicker discovery of Insights.
- Create a custom-app permission policy and assign it to select users and ensure the app is not blocked in Teams admin center.
- Disable the Insights app, for the whole organization or select users, you will be able to do so through Teams Admin center once the app is rolled out.
New personal insights to help you balance productivity and wellbeing are coming to the Insights app in Teams. Users can mindfully end the workday with a virtual commute, and anytime during the workday, tap into dedicated moments of mindfulness and gratitude, and use emotional check-ins to pause and reflect.
More in Teams
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Expanded reactions in Microsoft Teams
Feb 9, 2023 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Export feature in Teams Admin Center
Feb 2, 2023 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Connected Templates
Aug 17, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) 1:1 VOIP and PSTN call recording and transcription in Calls App V2
Aug 16, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Microsoft Teams: Casting from Teams desktop client to Microsoft Teams Rooms
Jul 12, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Announcing graph support for Get Team Template List
Jun 23, 2022 | Petri Staff
Most popular on petri