M365 Changelog: New Microsoft 365 Lists entry point in the SharePoint app bar
MC295021 – Updated February 08, 2022: Microsoft has updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
Resources in the SharePoint app bar will be expanding to include an entry point to Microsoft 365 Lists.
- Microsoft 365 Lists content is personalized to the individual user
Note: The new Microsoft 365 Lists entry point cannot be disabled or customized.
- Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID: 85641.
- Targeted release: will begin rolling out in early January (previously late November) and is expected to be complete in mid-January (previously early December).
- Standard: will begin rolling out in mid-March (previously late January) and is expected to be complete in late March (previously early February).
- Roll-out: tenant level
- Action: Action: review and assess
How this will affect your organization:
This new feature will allow users to be able to easily access and view Microsoft 365 Lists from the SharePoint app bar that have been followed and viewed often. In the Lists panel, users will be able to select the label to navigate to the Microsoft 365 Lists app. Additionally, users will be able to select the breadcrumb where they’ll navigate to the SharePoint site where the List is located.
- Lists that belong to an individual person and have not been shared with others will not be accessible.
What you need to do to prepare:
You do not need to do anything to prepare. M365 Lists cannot be disabled or customized. If you have not already enabled and customized global navigation in the SharePoint app bar, it’s highly recommended that you do to take advantage of the best navigational experience for end users.
More in SharePoint
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Microsoft Stream: Comment on a video or audio file in SharePoint and OneDrive
May 13, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: Microsoft Editor Spellcheck and Grammar in SharePoint Pages
May 10, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: Pin shared libraries to Quick Access
May 6, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Send Feedback on Image Tags
May 5, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Image Tags in SharePoint
May 5, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
M365 Changelog: Large Folder Delete on OneDrive and SharePoint Document Libraries on Web
May 3, 2022 | Petri Staff
Most popular on petri